Do you know that cashew is the only seed that grows outside the fruit? Well, we are sure that this was one interesting fact and do you know? that cashew was native to Brazil, but it was later planted in India & Africa too. Apart from being delicious, cashew is known to have several health benefits. We have listed some of these benefits below.
- Rich in Antioxidants– The first benefit of cashew is that it is rich in antioxidants. Cashews are known to have a good amount of minerals & vitamins as well. All these things cumulatively are known to benefit your body and immune system.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – Cashew also regulates blood pressure since it contains potassium & magnesium. It helps you by dilating your blood vessel. It is similar to how vasodilators work.
- Aids Immunity – If you look at the micronutrients delivered by cashew, you will notice that it also has a good amount of Zinc. It is a well-known fact that Zinc helps you improve your immunity. Hence consuming cashew will ultimately help you improve your immunity.
- Strengthen Bones – With the minerals in the cashew, you get a dosage of copper and calcium. These are the two minerals that are very important for the health of bones & joints. So, with cashew, you can reduce the chances of bone & joint-related ailments.
- Regulates Body Weight–Cashew helps you control diabetes, and at the same time, it enables you to manage your weight as well. Eat a few cashews when you are feeling hungry, and since it is dense in calories, they will satisfy your hunger pangs.
Remember that cashew contains a lot of oil & fat. This is the reason why you need to consume cashew in moderation. You should not consume more than a dozen in a day. Eating cashew in excess may also lead to constipation. So, include cashew in your diet but in a healthy dosage.